Common Causes and Treatments of Lower Back Pain
One of the leading causes of lower back pain is an injury to or the overuse of the muscles, ligaments and joint in the lower back region. Another common cause of low back pain is caused by pressure being put on the nerve roots as they exit the spinal canal. There are many conditions that can cause pressure on the nerve roots including:
- Herniated disc
- Osteoarthritis of the low back in the small joints of the lower spine.
- Spondylolithesis (one vertebrae sliding over another)
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal especially in the older adult)
- Fractures of the vertebrae or compression fractures (with osteoporosis or trauma)
- Spinal deformities such as scoliosis or kyphosis
Less common conditions that can cause low back pain include: other types of arthritis, bacterial infections and tumors or cancers.
It is very important to know the cause or condition leading to your back pain before you decide on what type of treatment you need. Often, the treatment for low back pain will involve a combination of several different approaches, including rest, heat or cold therapies, different types of medications, supports or braces, stretching and strengthening exercises (physical therapy), movement therapy (such as yoga), acupuncture, massage therapy, spinal manipulation (osteopath or chiropractor) and as a last resort surgery.
We have formulated the Energeze Patch as an all natural option that can be effective by itself or in combination with some of the other therapies listed above. Let us know what works best for you!